I was reading an article this morning from Tracey D’Aviero; Founder of My VA Mentor and Owner of CAVA/GAVA. The article was great and one that felt like she was speaking directly to me as I have been looking at NEW ways to find NEW clients.
Idea #5: Seek out a Local Networking group
I have recently agreed to attend a local networking event and so I started thinking about my ‘Elevator Speech’.
- What will I say when I get my 2 minutes of fame?
- What will I tell people I can do to help them and their business?
- How will I convince people to work with me?
- How will I stand out in the crowd?
You see, sometimes these events freak me out! I mean don’t get me wrong, I am passionate about being a VA, crazy about My VA Connection, love helping people, and really enjoy meeting new people but I get nervous sometimes… I know I am not the only one that feels this way so I am okay with it. Have you ever seen those people that just get up, introduce themselves and could stand up there forever? – They make it look so freaking easy!
Yesterday I was asking around about ideas to get my message out there. A friend of mine, Angela Wills of Laptop Lifestyle Business Club told me to try more ‘relationship building’. As soon as I read that I knew what I needed to do and it is absolutely what I love to do… I need to build relationships!!!
- I need to stop overthinking my ‘elevator speech’
- I need to start telling people about ME!
- I need to let people know what I can do to assist them
- I need to network with people and let them know what I do!
- I need people to know that I am resourceful and learn fast
- I need to tell people that I can help them with their website, their blog and their social media
- I need to let people know that I a document creating guru
- I need people to know that my passion is creativity and that I am a whiz with design work
- I need to tell people that I can help them build their list with an email campaign
- I need people to know that I can update their website, the blog or social media
- I need to tell people that I can run a meeting from the agenda to minutes to creating the report
- I need to help people get organized with their inbox, their calendar, and their files
- I need to help people spread their story with webinars, presentations, courses
- I need people to know that I can organize a weekend away or a holiday for them
- I need people to know that I can do the research and find them the perfect gift
- I need to start telling people that I have a HUGE list of tasks that WILL definitely assist them with their needs and allow them to do what they do best!! If they can delegate it, I can do it!!
So, this is kind of a ‘head’s up’ for ALL of you and accountability for ME!
- I plan on writing in my blog on a regular basis
- I plan on updating my website with free resources
- I plan on sharing information on my wall
- I plan on posting on My VA Connection page
- I plan on posting in the groups I manage
- I plan on posting in the groups I belong to
- I plan on asking people to share my posts
- I plan on creating email campaigns
- I plan on posting on Instagram
- I plan on posting on LinkedIn
- I plan on posting on Twitter
- I plan on posting on Pinterest and maybe even SnapChat!
- I plan on being more present EVERYWHERE!!!
I am also planning to join at least ONE local networking group.
With ALL of this said I can safely say that I am far from creating JUST an elevator speech because I have so much to tell YOU!! So much to tell people, so much information to share, so many resources for all of you and so many ways that I can assist you and help you grow your business…
Here are a few ways that we can stay in touch…
- Go to my website at My VA Connection and sign up – You will receive a FREE gift as well
- Go to my Facebook page at My VA Connection and hit the Like button
- Go to Instagram @myvaconnection and hit the follow button
Okay, I am off to create ideas and content and more resources for you! I will be in touch… xo
Always Connected – Tammy